Buy Geriatric Conference – Steven Atkinson Course at GBesy. We actively participate in Groupbuys and are committed to sharing knowledge with a wider audience. Rest assured, the quality of our courses matches that of the original sale page. If you prefer, you can also buy directly from the sale page at the full price (the SALEPAGE link is directly provided in the post).
Geriatric Conference by Steven Atkinson,
Salepage link: At HERE. Archive:
- Steven Atkinson
- 14 Hours 6 Minutes
- Audio and Video
- Oct 07, 2019
Are you keeping up with the current recommendations and guidelines?
No matter your specialty, you MUST know how to address the unique concerns of the older adults under your care.
Geriatrics is a field in and of itself, but many of us haven’t had extensive training on the nuances and complexities that make treatment challenging. In this comprehensive recording, geriatric expert, Steven Atkinson, will guide you through the normal and abnormal changes of the aging mind and body, providing you with the knowledge that will improve the care you provide.
Steven is passionate about his work and sharing his expertise with other professionals. Leave with practical and insightful tips and tools you can use the next day!
- Identify complications and respond more appropriately
- Confidently and effectively communicate with patients and their families
- Provide safer and more effective care
Get management strategies and more for:
- Alzheimer’s Disease & Dementias
- Pain Management
- Geriatric Pharmacology
- Geriatric Emergencies
- Managing Challenging Behaviors
- Caregiver Stress & Burnout
- And Much More
|Manual – Geriatric Conference (45.51 MB)
|Available after Purchase
SESSION 1: DIFFERENTIATING DEMENTIAS
Distinguishing the various types of dementia is often difficult. This session provides tools to appropriately screen patients experiencing dementia, along with discussion of the most effective interventions to improve the care you provide.
- Normal vs. Abnormal Aging
- Types of Dementias
- Alzheimer’s Disease
- Parkinson’s Disease Dementia
- Substance-Induced Neurocognitive Disorder
- Pharmacological Management
SESSION 2: GERIATRIC PHARMACOLOGY: TOOLS FOR THE HEALTHCARE PROFESSIONAL
For geriatric patients taking more than five medications, the statistical chance of a drug drug interaction or adverse event is 100%! For those experiencing an adverse drug event, one third will require additional treatment. This session will provide straightforward tools that will help you care for older adults receiving multiple medications.
- Drug Utilization Amongst the Elderly
- Billing Codes That You MUST Know
- Clinical Pharmacological Issues in the Elderly
SESSION 3: PAIN MANAGEMENT IN THE ELDERLY
This presentation will review the different categories of controlled substances and their appropriate use in the geriatric patient. Explore special considerations and tools to aid in prescribing and managing pain in the geriatric patient.
- The Challenges Associated with Controlled Substances
- Pain Control… Is every patient’s RIGHT
SESSION 1: MANAGING GERIATRIC BEHAVIORS: WANDERING, AGGRESSION, MALNUTRITION AND MORE
Behaviors such as wandering, aggression and anxiety can pose significant barriers to the delivery of essential care. Geriatric syndromes such as malnutrition, dehydration and insomnia can diminish quality of life and threaten independence. This session will explore the most frequent problematic behaviors and discuss strategies to improve the care you provide to your geriatric patients.
- Physical Aggression
- Inappropriate Sexual Behaviors
- Eating Issues & Nutrition in Elders with Dementia
- Sleepless Nights & Sundowning
- Professional Issues
SESSION 2: GERIATRIC EMERGENCIES
A high-energy, dynamic session filled with interesting case studies, insightful discussions and interactive learning. You will leave with practical techniques that you can apply right away – if you work with geriatric patients, you don’t want to miss this!
- Physiological Changes with Aging
- Common Underlying Chronic Illness
- Cardiovascular Emergencies
- Pulmonary Emergencies
- Cerebrovascular Emergencies
- Orthopedic Emergencies
- Abdominal Emergencies
SESSION 3: TOP TEN MEDICATIONS TO AVOID IN THE GERIATRIC PATIENT
Explore medication dosing guidelines and polypharmacy management principles to ensure safe prescribing in the geriatric patient. Review the top ten medications to avoid and alternatives that can be equally effective.
- The BEERS List
- Risks Associated with Anticholinergic Drugs
- The TOP TEN
- 5 Things Patients & Physicians Should Question
Steven Atkinson, PA-C, MS, is a Board-Certified Physician Assistant specializing in Geriatric Internal Medicine. He practices medicine in the greater Minneapolis area. In addition to his private practice, he has been on the faculty at the University of Utah since 1994 and has been involved in medicine for over 30 years.
Steven is the co-founder of Twin Cities Physicians, which serves older adults in nearly all levels of their care. He has presented nationally for over 15 years, primarily speaking about geriatric-related syndromes.
Steven is the author of Geriatric Pharmacology: The Principles of Practice & Clinical Recommendations, Second Edition (PESI, 2016) and also sits on several boards whose purpose is to elevate the level of care in medicine for the patients they serve. Steven has been described as a “dynamic” educator and one of the most engaging presenters around. Don’t miss him!
Financial: Steven Atkinson is the founder and co-owner of Twin Cities Physicians; and owner of Mindful Geriatrics, LLC. He is an Adjunct Faculty at the University of Utah. Mr. Atkinson receives royalties as an author for PESI Publishing and Media. He receives a speaking honorarium from PESI, Inc.
Non-financial: Steven Atkinson has no relevant non-financial relationship to disclose.
Buy the Geriatric Conference – Steven Atkinson course at the best price at GBesy.. After your purchase, you will get access to the downloads page. You can download all the files associated in your order at here and we will also send a download notification email via your mail.
Unlock your full potential with Geriatric Conference – Steven Atkinson courses. our courses are designed to help you excel.
Why wait? Take the first step towards greatness by purchasing Geriatric Conference – Steven Atkinson courses today. We offer a seamless and secure purchasing experience, ensuring your peace of mind. With our trusted payment gateways, Stripe and PayPal, you can confidently complete your transaction knowing that your financial information is protected.
Stripe, known for its robust security measures, provides a safe and reliable payment process. With its encrypted technology, your sensitive data remains confidential throughout the transaction. Rest assured that your purchase is protected.
PayPal, a globally recognized payment platform, offers an additional layer of security. With its buyer protection program, you can feel confident in your purchase. PayPal ensures that your financial details are safeguarded, allowing you to focus on your learning journey.
Is it secure? to Use of?
- Your identity is completely confidential. We do not share your information with anyone. So it is absolutely safe to buy the Geriatric Conference – Steven Atkinson course.
- 100% Safe Checkout Privateness coverage
- Communication and encryption of sensitive knowledge
- All card numbers are encrypted using AES at relaxation-256 and transmitting card numbers runs in a separate internet hosting atmosphere, and doesn’t share or save any data.
How can this course be delivered?
- After your successful payment this “Geriatric Conference – Steven Atkinson course”, Most of the products will come to you immediately. But for some products were posted for offer. Please wait for our response, it might take a few hours due to the time zone difference.
- If this happens, please wait. The technical department will process the link shortly after. You will receive notifications directly by e-mail. We appreciate your wait.
What Shipping Methods Are Available?
- You will receive a download link in the invoice or YOUR ACCOUNT.
- The course link always exists. use your account to login and download the Geriatric Conference – Steven Atkinson course whenever you need.
- You only need to visit a single link, and you can get all the Geriatric Conference – Steven Atkinson course content at once.
- You can do your learning online. You can be downloaded for better results and can study anywhere on any device. Make sure your system does not sleep during the download.
How Do I Track Order?
- We always notice the status of your order immediately after your payment. After 7 days if there is no download link, the system will automatically complete your money.
- We love to hear from you. Please don’t hesitate to email us with any comments, questions and suggestions.