Buy 2-Day Psychopharmacology Course for Mental Health Clinicians – Susan Marie Course at GBesy. We actively participate in Groupbuys and are committed to sharing knowledge with a wider audience. Rest assured, the quality of our courses matches that of the original sale page. If you prefer, you can also buy directly from the sale page at the full price (the SALEPAGE link is directly provided in the post).
2-Day Psychopharmacology Course for Mental Health Clinicians by Susan Marie,
Salepage link: At HERE. Archive:
- Susan Marie
- 11 Hours 59 Minutes
- Audio and Video
- Aug 26, 2019
Clients taking psychotropic medications need an advocate who can help them make sense of the whirlwind of information regarding what drugs are good for what conditions, potentially dangerous side effects and adverse reactions, and possible alternative treatments.
They need someone who can not only effectively communicate vital information to them but can also collaborate with prescribers to determine the best course of action to take.
Simply put, these clients need you, and so you need this current and comprehensive training in psychopharmacology.
As a licensed psychiatric nurse practitioner with full independent prescriptive practice, Susan Marie, PHD, PMHNP, CARN-NP has the expertise necessary to guide you through the newest advances in psychopharmacology and contemporary trends in medication management.
You will get the advantage of an intimate, in-depth look at the key issues from a vantage point that understands the experiences of clients, mental health professionals, and prescribers.
Susan’s engaging presentation includes many take home “pearls” you can use to teach your clients about their medications and how to protect them from concerning, dangerous or adverse effects.
You will find this recording to have the most up-to-date medication information and how to use it most effectively with your clients.
|Manual – 2-Day Psychopharmacology Course for Mental Health Clinicians (11.6 MB)
|Available after Purchase
THE VITAL, AND EXPANDING, ROLE OF THE MENTAL HEALTH CLINICIAN IN PSYCHOPHARMACOLOGY
- Understand, and explain, drug metabolism and mechanism of action
- Recognize when to refer for medication, and how to increase client interest and participation
- Develop highly effective collaborations with prescribers
WHAT THE MENTAL HEALTH CLINICIAN NEEDS TO KNOW ABOUT
- Neurochemistry of depression
- Controversy regarding antidepressants and placebo – Who to treat when?
- Types of antidepressants – pearls and pitfalls of different agents
- Managing side effects
- Treatment-Resistant Depression and drug combinations
Anxiety, Obsessive-Compulsive, & Trauma-Related Disorders
- Neurochemistry of anxiety
- SGAD, panic disorder, phobias
- Physiological interventions
- Anti-anxiety medications
- The many other options often ignored
- Benzodiazepines: risks and benefits
- How to recognize problematic prescribing patterns
- Getting off benzos: key pearls for success
- Managing side effects
- Neurochemistry and symptoms
- The Bipolar Spectrum concept & DSM-5® changes
- Types of mood stabilizers, when to use which and potential adverse effects
- Atypical antipsychotics
- Augmenting agents
- Effective strategies for improving outcomes for clients
- Using blood levels effectively – what the prescriber may not be watching
- Treating pregnant or potentially pregnant women with bipolar disorder
- Neurochemistry of psychosis and schizophrenia
- Antipsychotic Medications:
- First generation (typical)
- Second generation (atypical)
- Managing side effects
- Extrapyramidal symptoms and TD
- Metabolic problems – what blood tests are needed and when
- Preventing Diabetes Mellitus
- Recognizing hyperprolactinemia – and why you need to know
- Use of atypical antipsychotics for multiple disorders
- Pregnancy and psychotic disorders
- Differential diagnosis
- Neurochemistry of ADHD
- Controversy about treatment of ADHD with stimulants
- Substance abuse and ADHD
- Stimulant medications
- Non-stimulant options
- Managing side effects
- Differential diagnosis
- Chicken or the egg? What came first, sleep problems or mental illness?
- Controversy about treating sleep problems with hypnotics
- Sleep interventions that really work
- Hypnotic medications: risks and benefits
- Alternatives to hypnotics
- Recognizing adverse effects
Substance Use Disorders
- Neurochemistry of addiction & habit development
- Drugs of abuse and interaction with psychiatric medications
- Marijuana (discussion of medical marijuana, cost vs. benefit)
- Challenging the old thinking about when to prescribe for clients with dual diagnosis – what we now know
- Medication assisted treatments for addictions
- Behavioral addictions – what we know works
- Anorexia, bulimia, binge eating disorder
- Weight gain from psychotropic medications
- Recognizing medical emergencies
- Standard of care for lab work
- Integrating psychotherapy with psychopharmacology
Special Populations: Geriatric
- Specialized guidelines for geriatric clients
- Discussion of dementia treatment
- Antipsychotic controversy
Special Populations: Women
- Hormonal issues in mood disorders & anxiety
- Pregnancy and breastfeeding – Presenting the choices
- Resources for you and your clients
- The dangerous, the concerning, and the possibly good options for psychopharmacology
Use of Complementary and Alternative Agents Across Psychiatric Conditions
- Safety issues
- Proven efficacy and dosin
Clinical Associate Professor
Susan Marie, PhD, PMHNP, CARN-AP, a licensed psychiatric nurse practitioner with full independent prescriptive practice and certification in addictions, brings to you over 30 years of clinical experience with highly vulnerable clients with suicidality, co-occurring addiction, homelessness, serious mental illnesses, traumatic brain injuries, and persistent pain conditions. She is noted for her “pearls and pitfalls” of psychopharmacology. Her passions are radical respect for people with serious mental illnesses & addictions, excellence in psychopharmacology, and integrating psychotherapeutic interventions for clients with PTSD, addictions and chronic pain.
Dr. Marie is Senior Clinical Director for Behavioral Health at Old Town Clinic, Central City Concern and Associate Professor at Oregon Health and Science University in Portland, Oregon. She teaches nationally on psychopharmacology as well as suicide assessment and intervention.
Financial: Susan Marie is an Associate Professor for Oregon Health & Science University. She receives a speaking honorarium from PESI, Inc.
Non-financial: Susan Marie has no relevant non-financial relationship to disclose.
Buy the 2-Day Psychopharmacology Course for Mental Health Clinicians – Susan Marie course at the best price at GBesy.. After your purchase, you will get access to the downloads page. You can download all the files associated in your order at here and we will also send a download notification email via your mail.
Unlock your full potential with 2-Day Psychopharmacology Course for Mental Health Clinicians – Susan Marie courses. our courses are designed to help you excel.
Why wait? Take the first step towards greatness by purchasing 2-Day Psychopharmacology Course for Mental Health Clinicians – Susan Marie courses today. We offer a seamless and secure purchasing experience, ensuring your peace of mind. With our trusted payment gateways, Stripe and PayPal, you can confidently complete your transaction knowing that your financial information is protected.
Stripe, known for its robust security measures, provides a safe and reliable payment process. With its encrypted technology, your sensitive data remains confidential throughout the transaction. Rest assured that your purchase is protected.
PayPal, a globally recognized payment platform, offers an additional layer of security. With its buyer protection program, you can feel confident in your purchase. PayPal ensures that your financial details are safeguarded, allowing you to focus on your learning journey.
Is it secure? to Use of?
- Your identity is completely confidential. We do not share your information with anyone. So it is absolutely safe to buy the 2-Day Psychopharmacology Course for Mental Health Clinicians – Susan Marie course.
- 100% Safe Checkout Privateness coverage
- Communication and encryption of sensitive knowledge
- All card numbers are encrypted using AES at relaxation-256 and transmitting card numbers runs in a separate internet hosting atmosphere, and doesn’t share or save any data.
How can this course be delivered?
- After your successful payment this “2-Day Psychopharmacology Course for Mental Health Clinicians – Susan Marie course”, Most of the products will come to you immediately. But for some products were posted for offer. Please wait for our response, it might take a few hours due to the time zone difference.
- If this happens, please wait. The technical department will process the link shortly after. You will receive notifications directly by e-mail. We appreciate your wait.
What Shipping Methods Are Available?
- You will receive a download link in the invoice or YOUR ACCOUNT.
- The course link always exists. use your account to login and download the 2-Day Psychopharmacology Course for Mental Health Clinicians – Susan Marie course whenever you need.
- You only need to visit a single link, and you can get all the 2-Day Psychopharmacology Course for Mental Health Clinicians – Susan Marie course content at once.
- You can do your learning online. You can be downloaded for better results and can study anywhere on any device. Make sure your system does not sleep during the download.
How Do I Track Order?
- We always notice the status of your order immediately after your payment. After 7 days if there is no download link, the system will automatically complete your money.
- We love to hear from you. Please don’t hesitate to email us with any comments, questions and suggestions.