Buy Functional Cognitive Activities for Adults with Brain Injury or Stroke – Rob Koch Course at GBesy. We actively participate in Groupbuys and are committed to sharing knowledge with a wider audience. Rest assured, the quality of our courses matches that of the original sale page. If you prefer, you can also buy directly from the sale page at the full price (the SALEPAGE link is directly provided in the post).
Functional Cognitive Activities for Adults with Brain Injury or Stroke by Rob Koch,
Salepage link: At HERE. Archive:
- Rob Koch
- 5 Hours 44 Minutes
- Audio and Video
- Jan 28, 2013
Progressing from the Clinic to the Community
Typical therapy approaches used for rehabilitation of adults with cognitive deficits due to brain injury or stroke target primary cognitive sub-skills (memory, orientation, attention, etc.) in isolation. Therapy methods normally include tabletop activities, computer training, and pencil/paper tasks to improve underlying cognitive impairment. However, the learning associated with these methods does not always translate to the world outside the clinic. Patients may become frustrated with their lack of progress or find themselves unable to perform necessary tasks once they return to their home environment.
This recording introduces an innovative, alternative, and effective approach to TBI and stroke rehabilitation. It proposes that therapists dealing with cognitive deficits conduct therapy sessions that steer away from work on primary cognitive skills in isolation and switch to having the patient perform comprehensive activities in “real-life” environments. This is accomplished by utilization of a graded sequence of functional therapy activities. The main concept behind this approach is that three global factors influence the patient’s “real-life” functioning. These factors include the awareness and management of interpersonal relationships, the environment, and time constraints.
Therefore, therapy activities in this sequence have been structured to interweave the three global factors so that the patient interacts dynamically with other people, physical space, and time parameters during sessions. As the patient improves, expectations for sessions change as environmental demands increase and tasks become more complex. The levels of the sequence pertain to patients ranging from inpatient rehabilitation to those in community reintegration.Gain a better understanding of how patients’ successes in cognitive rehabilitation require a multidisciplinary effort, as well as an emphasis on “real-life” activities, to achieve maximum independence.
|Manual – Functional Cognitive Activities (10.19 MB)
|Available after Purchase
DEVELOPMENT OF THE APPROACH
- The foundation of this approach
- What is functional activity?
- The three global elements of “real-life” activity
- interpersonal awareness and management
- environmental awareness and management
- time awareness and management
MODELS OF INTERVENTION FOR COGNITIVE REHABILITATION
- Remedial vs. compensatory vs. combination approaches
- Multidisciplinary implications
- coordinating the effort to increase patient’s independence
FUNCTIONAL COGNITIVE EVALUATION
- Establishing levels
- Low-level tasks
- Mid-level tasks
- High-level tasks
- Awareness and emotion
SETTING GOALS AND MEASURING PROGRESS
- Progress checklists
- Functional goal setting
ACTIVITY DESIGN, SETUP AND IMPLEMENTATION
- Preparing for sessions in advance
- Ready-made materials
- Grading the environment
- Relevance to patient’s interests and occupations
- Applications for the teenage population
- Follow through in the home
- Ideas for community reintegration
OVERVIEW OF THE EIGHT ACTIVITY LEVELS
- Level 1: Initiating the Next Step
- Level 2: What Time is It?
- Level 3: Looking Around
- Level 4: Follow a Time Schedule
- Level 5: Beyond the Room
- Level 6: Organize the Therapy Session
- Level 7: Out the Door
- Level 8: Planning/Multitasking
DETAILED DISCUSSION OF EACH OF THE EIGHT ACTIVITY LEVELS ABOVE
- Specific activities at each level
- Contrast characteristics of activities between levels
- Case examples
- Time awareness and management factors
- Environmental awareness and management factors
- Interpersonal awareness and interaction factors
ROB KOCH, BS, OTR/L, has been in clinical occupational therapy practice for more than 30 years, working with people of all ages with a diverse range of diagnoses. He spent the first 11 years of his career in Utah working in developmental disabilities. There, he specialized in adapting activities and learning environments for people who have severe multiple handicaps, as well as creating several published software programs that provide better opportunities to actively participate in learning.
For 22 years, Mr. Koch worked in inpatient and outpatient neurological rehabilitation in North Carolina where his occupational therapy practice included extensive emphasis on promoting the skilled use of functional therapy activities to optimize the independence of patients with CVA, ABI, and SCI. This focus resulted in the creation of Functional Therapy Activities, a CD-ROM for use in adult neurological rehabilitation. He currently practices in a skilled nursing facility working with persons in rehab and long-term care with a variety of cognitive deficits.
Over the last decade, Mr. Koch has been developing a functional approach to improving the lives of patients with cognitive deficits due to brain injury and stroke. This approach – utilizing a sequence of functional, “real-life” activities to promote independence – is presented in detail in this seminar.
Financial: Rob Koch receives a speaking honorarium from PESI, Inc.
Non-financial: Rob Koch has no relevant non-financial relationship to disclose.
Buy the Functional Cognitive Activities for Adults with Brain Injury or Stroke – Rob Koch course at the best price at GBesy.. After your purchase, you will get access to the downloads page. You can download all the files associated in your order at here and we will also send a download notification email via your mail.
Unlock your full potential with Functional Cognitive Activities for Adults with Brain Injury or Stroke – Rob Koch courses. our courses are designed to help you excel.
Why wait? Take the first step towards greatness by purchasing Functional Cognitive Activities for Adults with Brain Injury or Stroke – Rob Koch courses today. We offer a seamless and secure purchasing experience, ensuring your peace of mind. With our trusted payment gateways, Stripe and PayPal, you can confidently complete your transaction knowing that your financial information is protected.
Stripe, known for its robust security measures, provides a safe and reliable payment process. With its encrypted technology, your sensitive data remains confidential throughout the transaction. Rest assured that your purchase is protected.
PayPal, a globally recognized payment platform, offers an additional layer of security. With its buyer protection program, you can feel confident in your purchase. PayPal ensures that your financial details are safeguarded, allowing you to focus on your learning journey.
Is it secure? to Use of?
- Your identity is completely confidential. We do not share your information with anyone. So it is absolutely safe to buy the Functional Cognitive Activities for Adults with Brain Injury or Stroke – Rob Koch course.
- 100% Safe Checkout Privateness coverage
- Communication and encryption of sensitive knowledge
- All card numbers are encrypted using AES at relaxation-256 and transmitting card numbers runs in a separate internet hosting atmosphere, and doesn’t share or save any data.
How can this course be delivered?
- After your successful payment this “Functional Cognitive Activities for Adults with Brain Injury or Stroke – Rob Koch course”, Most of the products will come to you immediately. But for some products were posted for offer. Please wait for our response, it might take a few hours due to the time zone difference.
- If this happens, please wait. The technical department will process the link shortly after. You will receive notifications directly by e-mail. We appreciate your wait.
What Shipping Methods Are Available?
- You will receive a download link in the invoice or YOUR ACCOUNT.
- The course link always exists. use your account to login and download the Functional Cognitive Activities for Adults with Brain Injury or Stroke – Rob Koch course whenever you need.
- You only need to visit a single link, and you can get all the Functional Cognitive Activities for Adults with Brain Injury or Stroke – Rob Koch course content at once.
- You can do your learning online. You can be downloaded for better results and can study anywhere on any device. Make sure your system does not sleep during the download.
How Do I Track Order?
- We always notice the status of your order immediately after your payment. After 7 days if there is no download link, the system will automatically complete your money.
- We love to hear from you. Please don’t hesitate to email us with any comments, questions and suggestions.