Buy High-Functioning Alcoholics and Substance Users – Sarah Allen Benton Course at GBesy. We actively participate in Groupbuys and are committed to sharing knowledge with a wider audience. Rest assured, the quality of our courses matches that of the original sale page. If you prefer, you can also buy directly from the sale page at the full price (the SALEPAGE link is directly provided in the post).
High-Functioning Alcoholics and Substance Users by Sarah Allen Benton,
Salepage link: At HERE. Archive:
- Sarah Allen Benton
- 6 Hours 5 Minutes
- Audio and Video
- Sep 06, 2018
What does addiction look like? Someone unkempt, unclean, and down on their luck? Disheveled and unshaven; sitting on the sidewalk with a bottle in hand? Chances are you didn’t envision a sharply dressed lawyer in the courtroom.
The reality is that many people struggling with substance use don’t fit the stereotypes. They effectively maintain personal and professional lives. Teachers, lawyers, doctors. Hidden in plain sight, these “functional addicts” are reliable at work, respected by acquaintances, and often the very picture of success.
But addiction is never functional. In truth, people “functioning” with a substance use disorder have merely managed to avoid obvious tragedy. They’re still someone in active addiction – just one who’s waiting for the bottom to drop out.
They need treatment – but treating high-functioning clients isn’t easy. Intense denial creates a formidable barrier to treatment. Avoidance including shame keeps clients from facing their addiction and fuels their defensiveness. Anxiety, depression, and trauma often co-exist as volatile partners to addiction that left untreated will likely lead to relapse. Accounting for all of these intersecting factors makes treatment planning challenging and complex.
Buy today and learn how to help these “hidden in plain sight” clients face their addiction, break through their denial, and end their silent suffering!
Key Benefits of Watching This Recording:
- Learn how to break through the denial of high-functioning substance users
- Dual Diagnosis assessment strategies that keep you from missing key co-occurring disorders
- Integrated treatment/behavioral plans for addiction and related mental health issues like anxiety, depression and trauma
- CBT-based interventions to modify cognitive distortions and challenge irrational beliefs in one-on-one therapy
- Shame resiliency techniques that stop shame from derailing addiction treatment
- Motivational and stage of change tailored strategies – help clients to commit to their recovery
- How to integrate 12-step and clinical models for dual diagnosis clients
|Manual – High-Functioning Alcoholics and Substance Users (5.22 MB)
|Available after Purchase
Level of Functioning and Populations at Risk
- How stereotypes hide functioning alcoholics and drug users
- The profile of the high-functioning person in active addiction
- Challenges of diagnosing and working with high-functioning young adults
- Early recovery patterns – low functioning vs. high functioning
Break the Cycle of Shame and Addiction In High-Functioning Alcohol and Drug Users
- The myth of shame as a motivator for recovery
- The latest research on shame and addiction
- Compassion-based communication techniques to:
- Bring shame into the light
- Break down defensiveness
- The role of self-compassion in addiction treatment
- Recovery pride
Integrated Strategies for Co-Occurring Disorders
- The impact of co-occurring disorders on addiction treatment outcomes
- DSM-5® and diagnosing high-functioning alcoholism and addiction
- Initial screening approaches
- Assessment tools to identify
- High functioning alcoholics and substance users
- Presence of co-occurring disorders
- Readiness for change
- Strengths that support recovery
- Post-Acute Withdrawal Syndrome vs. mental health symptoms
Move Clients Toward Post-Traumatic Growth With Interventions Informed by Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Shattered Vase Exercise – plant the seeds of possibility
- Creating narratives
- Letter writing
- Positive remembering and repositioning
- Reframe the meaning
Clinical Tools Tailored to Functional People Experiencing an Alcohol or Drug Problem
- Crisis intervention – when and how
- How to establish rapport and trust
- Collaborative goal setting
- Establishing a behavioral plan
- Targeted treatment approaches for Dual Diagnosis clients
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Identify and challenge cognitive distortions about substance use
- Create positive reframes
- Motivational Interviewing
- Treatment strategies based on readiness for change
- Motivational tools – keep clients in treatment
- Harm reduction – meeting clients where they are at
- Narrative Therapy and case example
- Personal stories of change and forming non-addiction identities
- Non-traditional addiction treatment
- Using family system leverage to motivate change
- Family agreements and contracts
Where 12-Step Programs Can Fall Short And How to Make them Work for Your Client
- 12-Step programs – benefits and limitations with high functioning clients
- Program models and language
- Supporting dual diagnosis treatment
- Effective strategies for integrating 12-Step models into treatment
Research, Research Limitations and Potential Treatment Risks
- Research and research limitations
- How private pay care keeps the high-functioning population under the radar
- When clients don’t identify as being alcoholic
Sarah Allen Benton, MS, LMHC, LPC, AADC is the author of the book Understanding the High-Functioning Alcoholic and has been featured frequently in the media, including the New York Times. She has appeared on “The Oprah Winfrey Show”, “The Today Show”, “The CBS Early Show”, NPR, and is a blogger for www.PsychologyToday.com.
A Licensed Mental Health Counselor and co-owner of Benton Behavioral Health Consulting, LLC, Sarah is a clinical consultant for Aware Recover Care and the former director of clinical services at Aware Recovery Care, a home-based addiction treatment in North Haven, CT. She is also a clinical consultant for The Strathmore House transitional sober living for men in Boston, MA. She worked previously as an outpatient therapist specializing in addiction treatment at Insight Counseling in Ridgefield, CT, Turnbridge young adult male addiction treatment in New Haven, CT and at McLean Hospital at McLean Brook transitional living program for dual diagnosis in Belmont, MA.
Sarah approaches addiction from the position of a counselor with lived experience, having been in long term recovery from alcoholism since February 2004.
Financial: Sarah Benton is the owner of Benton Behavioral Health Consulting. She is an author for Praeger Publishers and receives royalties. Ms. Benton receives a speaking honorarium from PESI, Inc.
Non-financial: Sarah Benton has no relevant non-financial relationship to disclose.
Buy the High-Functioning Alcoholics and Substance Users – Sarah Allen Benton course at the best price at GBesy.. After your purchase, you will get access to the downloads page. You can download all the files associated in your order at here and we will also send a download notification email via your mail.
Unlock your full potential with High-Functioning Alcoholics and Substance Users – Sarah Allen Benton courses. our courses are designed to help you excel.
Why wait? Take the first step towards greatness by purchasing High-Functioning Alcoholics and Substance Users – Sarah Allen Benton courses today. We offer a seamless and secure purchasing experience, ensuring your peace of mind. With our trusted payment gateways, Stripe and PayPal, you can confidently complete your transaction knowing that your financial information is protected.
Stripe, known for its robust security measures, provides a safe and reliable payment process. With its encrypted technology, your sensitive data remains confidential throughout the transaction. Rest assured that your purchase is protected.
PayPal, a globally recognized payment platform, offers an additional layer of security. With its buyer protection program, you can feel confident in your purchase. PayPal ensures that your financial details are safeguarded, allowing you to focus on your learning journey.
Is it secure? to Use of?
- Your identity is completely confidential. We do not share your information with anyone. So it is absolutely safe to buy the High-Functioning Alcoholics and Substance Users – Sarah Allen Benton course.
- 100% Safe Checkout Privateness coverage
- Communication and encryption of sensitive knowledge
- All card numbers are encrypted using AES at relaxation-256 and transmitting card numbers runs in a separate internet hosting atmosphere, and doesn’t share or save any data.
How can this course be delivered?
- After your successful payment this “High-Functioning Alcoholics and Substance Users – Sarah Allen Benton course”, Most of the products will come to you immediately. But for some products were posted for offer. Please wait for our response, it might take a few hours due to the time zone difference.
- If this happens, please wait. The technical department will process the link shortly after. You will receive notifications directly by e-mail. We appreciate your wait.
What Shipping Methods Are Available?
- You will receive a download link in the invoice or YOUR ACCOUNT.
- The course link always exists. use your account to login and download the High-Functioning Alcoholics and Substance Users – Sarah Allen Benton course whenever you need.
- You only need to visit a single link, and you can get all the High-Functioning Alcoholics and Substance Users – Sarah Allen Benton course content at once.
- You can do your learning online. You can be downloaded for better results and can study anywhere on any device. Make sure your system does not sleep during the download.
How Do I Track Order?
- We always notice the status of your order immediately after your payment. After 7 days if there is no download link, the system will automatically complete your money.
- We love to hear from you. Please don’t hesitate to email us with any comments, questions and suggestions.