Buy LGBTQ Clients in Today’s World -Treatment Strategies for Gender & Sexual Identity Issues – Aaron Testard Course at GBesy. We actively participate in Groupbuys and are committed to sharing knowledge with a wider audience. Rest assured, the quality of our courses matches that of the original sale page. If you prefer, you can also buy directly from the sale page at the full price (the SALEPAGE link is directly provided in the post).
LGBTQ Clients in Today’s World -Treatment Strategies for Gender & Sexual Identity Issues by Aaron Testard,
Salepage link: At HERE. Archive:
- Aaron Testard
- Full Day
- Audio and Video
- Oct 23, 2019
From the deeply personal and intricate journeys clients take to find themselves to the variety of terms and ideas in today’s LGBTQ cultures, it’s easy to feel lost in the complexity of sexual and gender identity. But with the proper tools and knowledge, you can have confidence to walk solidly side by side with your LGBTQ clients.
This recording provides clear strategies to comfortably engage clients around cultural norms, gender, sex, relationships, and terminology. In addition to building trust and credibility with your LGBTQ clients, you will learn the navigation map that will help you appropriately tailor your treatment approaches each step of the way in the client’s self-discovery process.
Aaron Testard combines time-tested research with the latest findings and up-to-date movements in the field for a comprehensive approach for working with any LGBTQ client in any phase and on any part of the sexuality-gender spectrums.
|Manual – LGBTQ Clients in Today’s World (3.94 MB)
|Available after Purchase
Current Trends in LGBTQ Clinical Work
- Increased family and community acceptance: What this means for our work
- Sexuality and gender: separate but connected
- Polyamory and open relationships
- Conversion therapy debunked
- Online dating and hook-up culture
Establish Safety with LGBTQ Clients
- Terminology to include in website, business profiles, and client registration forms
- Avoid the most common mistakes by therapists that break safety and trust
- Build rapport quickly and effectively
- Talk about sex with openness and comfort
- Incorporate gender talk and knowledge into your vocabulary
The Factors That Impact LGBTQ Mental Health Treatment
- How being LGBTQ is connected to depression, anxiety, and addiction … and how it is not
- How developmental trauma affects identity development
- Particular traumas:
- Institutional Oppression
- Conversion Treatment History
- Family mirroring and acceptance
- Religious and cultural barriers
- Sexual health and wellness
- Alcohol and substance use
Help Clients at Each Phase of LGBTQ Identify Development
- Phase 1: Pre-Coming Out
- Denial about sexual orientation or gender
- When sexual behavior doesn’t match sexual identity
- Differentiate between feelings, behavior, and identity
- The importance of continued sexual health assessment and education
- Phase 2: Comparison and Consideration
- When clients start to think they might be LGBTQ (or at least different)
- Client cues that are openings to explore further
- Questions to elicit more open discussion
- How to inquire without pushing beyond client readiness
- Phase 3: Tolerance and Exploration
- When clients are exploring sexuality and gender but have not claimed an identity
- Use different models of sexuality and gender with clients
- Track for integration: Is this helpful for the client?
- Address shame and internalized homophobia/transphobia
- Identify educational resources
- Phase 4: Acceptance
- When clients start to integrate their sexual and gender identity into the world
- Connect clients with community support
- Facilitate grief for lost time and lost dreams
- Develop a coming-out plan and process
- Start talking about gender transition
- Tools to navigate the conflicting worlds of family, identity, and cultures
- Phase 5: Pride
- Address client rage about oppression and past injuries (even when it’s directed toward you)
- Support clients in celebrating their “adolescence”: validation and safety
- Attend to the particular challenges of bisexuals
- Phase 6: Synthesis and Integration
- When being LGBTQ is hardly an issue for the client
- Effectively integrate LGBTQ history and knowledge into the clinical session
Aaron Testard, LMFT, LPCC, is a psychotherapist in private practice in Berkeley, California with nearly 20 years of experience. For 7 years, he served as Director of Clinical Programs at the Pacific Center for Human Growth, an LGBTQ counseling and support center where he designed and implemented psychotherapy services for individuals, couples, and families, 24 adult peer support groups, and an after-school youth program. He also has trained and supervised numerous interns over the years and has been an LGBTQ community mental health consultant for local clinics and organizations. Aaron has spent the majority of his career as an LGBTQ specialist, including time as an addiction counselor, a high school counselor, and a consultant for a felon re-entry program. In his current practice, he focuses on sexual and gender identity, working with adults, adolescents, and couples.
Aaron received his MA in Counseling Psychology from the California Institute of Integral Studies. He is a trained drama therapist, sensorimotor therapist, and practitioner of the Gottman couple’s method, EMDR, and DBT-informed client work.
To learn more about Aaron, visit www.aarontestard.net
Financial: Aaron Testard maintains a private practice. He receives a speaking honorarium from PESI, Inc.
Non-financial: Aaron Testard is a member of the American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy; Gaylesta; World Professional Association of Transgender Health (WPATH); and Bay Area Open Minds.
Buy the LGBTQ Clients in Today’s World -Treatment Strategies for Gender & Sexual Identity Issues – Aaron Testard course at the best price at GBesy.. After your purchase, you will get access to the downloads page. You can download all the files associated in your order at here and we will also send a download notification email via your mail.
Unlock your full potential with LGBTQ Clients in Today’s World -Treatment Strategies for Gender & Sexual Identity Issues – Aaron Testard courses. our courses are designed to help you excel.
Why wait? Take the first step towards greatness by purchasing LGBTQ Clients in Today’s World -Treatment Strategies for Gender & Sexual Identity Issues – Aaron Testard courses today. We offer a seamless and secure purchasing experience, ensuring your peace of mind. With our trusted payment gateways, Stripe and PayPal, you can confidently complete your transaction knowing that your financial information is protected.
Stripe, known for its robust security measures, provides a safe and reliable payment process. With its encrypted technology, your sensitive data remains confidential throughout the transaction. Rest assured that your purchase is protected.
PayPal, a globally recognized payment platform, offers an additional layer of security. With its buyer protection program, you can feel confident in your purchase. PayPal ensures that your financial details are safeguarded, allowing you to focus on your learning journey.
Is it secure? to Use of?
- Your identity is completely confidential. We do not share your information with anyone. So it is absolutely safe to buy the LGBTQ Clients in Today’s World -Treatment Strategies for Gender & Sexual Identity Issues – Aaron Testard course.
- 100% Safe Checkout Privateness coverage
- Communication and encryption of sensitive knowledge
- All card numbers are encrypted using AES at relaxation-256 and transmitting card numbers runs in a separate internet hosting atmosphere, and doesn’t share or save any data.
How can this course be delivered?
- After your successful payment this “LGBTQ Clients in Today’s World -Treatment Strategies for Gender & Sexual Identity Issues – Aaron Testard course”, Most of the products will come to you immediately. But for some products were posted for offer. Please wait for our response, it might take a few hours due to the time zone difference.
- If this happens, please wait. The technical department will process the link shortly after. You will receive notifications directly by e-mail. We appreciate your wait.
What Shipping Methods Are Available?
- You will receive a download link in the invoice or YOUR ACCOUNT.
- The course link always exists. use your account to login and download the LGBTQ Clients in Today’s World -Treatment Strategies for Gender & Sexual Identity Issues – Aaron Testard course whenever you need.
- You only need to visit a single link, and you can get all the LGBTQ Clients in Today’s World -Treatment Strategies for Gender & Sexual Identity Issues – Aaron Testard course content at once.
- You can do your learning online. You can be downloaded for better results and can study anywhere on any device. Make sure your system does not sleep during the download.
How Do I Track Order?
- We always notice the status of your order immediately after your payment. After 7 days if there is no download link, the system will automatically complete your money.
- We love to hear from you. Please don’t hesitate to email us with any comments, questions and suggestions.