Buy LGBTQ Youth -Clinical Strategies to Support Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity – Deb Coolhart Course at GBesy. We actively participate in Groupbuys and are committed to sharing knowledge with a wider audience. Rest assured, the quality of our courses matches that of the original sale page. If you prefer, you can also buy directly from the sale page at the full price (the SALEPAGE link is directly provided in the post).
LGBTQ Youth -Clinical Strategies to Support Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity by Deb Coolhart,
Salepage link: At HERE. Archive:
- Deb Coolhart
- 5 Hours 40 Minutes
- Audio and Video
- Jan 27, 2020
A 9-year-old boy took his own life, just days after coming out to his peers as gay, due to the severe bullying he received. Sadly, he is not alone, suicide rates among LGBTQ youth are rising at an alarming pace.
As a clinician, how do you approach a sensitive topic like gender identity without offending your clients? How do you navigate the LGBTQ spectrum, with its unique terminology and challenges? How are you supposed to help an LGBTQ youth client when their parents are not on board?
You are not alone in struggling with these types of questions. Join expert and author, Deb Coolhart, PhD, LMFT as she draws on her nearly 20 years of working with LGBTQ youth. Deb will show you effective clinical strategies for:
- The coming out process
- Suicide, anxiety, shame, depression, self-harming
- Making healthy choices
- Thriving in school
- Developing support networks
Working with these youth and families can be complex, requiring the balance of many seemingly opposing viewpoints. As a clinician, there is nothing more rewarding than facilitating these changes and watching families discover their own path towards understanding.
Help LGBTQ kids and adolescents know that it’s their right to be themselves!
|Manual – LGBTQ Youth (4.20 MB)
|Available after Purchase
|Illinois Educators Self-study Instructions (28.5 KB)
|Available after Purchase
|Illinois Educators Evaluation Form (1.2 MB)
|Available after Purchase
Create a Safe Therapeutic Space
- Offensive words to avoid
- Intake session: how to ask about developing identity
- Approach transgender compared to LGBQ
- Strategies to establish rapport and comfort
Identity Formation and Coming Out
- Identity development
- Internalized homo/bi/trans -phobia
- The decision to come out
- Strategies to overcome fear, shame, and rejection in the coming out process
- Bullying and safety issues
Clinical Considerations and Interventions
- Treatment strategies for
- Self-harming behaviors
- Substance abuse
- Importance of family acceptance
- Impact with other cultural identities
- Research limitations and risks of psychotherapeutic approaches
What you Need to Know about Differences within the LGBTQ Spectrum
- Lesbian Youth
- Confront invisibility
- Facilitate positive self-esteem
- Gay Youth
- Explore gender role expectations
- Sexual health
- Substance use
- Bisexual Youth
- Understand bisexuality as a legitimate identity
- Harmfulness of bisexual erasure
- Transgender Youth
- Assess need/desire for gender transition
- Options for gender expression
- Puberty blocking
- Questioning Youth
- Make space for exploration and fluidity
- Reduce pressure to self-label
- Avoid mislabeling a client
Clinical Strategies for Working with Families
- Coming out to family members
- Parents’ reactions and resistance
- Techniques to work with unsupportive families
- Support youths’ LGBTQ identity
- Practical tips to help parents and siblings work towards increased acceptance and support
- Navigate religious beliefs
- Facilitate support networks
LGBTQ-Affirmative School Environments
- Tips to assist parents with school advocacy
- Coach youth towards self-advocacy
- Strategies to manage mistreatment
- Face to face bullying
Deb Coolhart, PhD, LMFT, is a private practice clinician and an assistant professor in the Marriage and Family Therapy Department at Syracuse University. She has been doing therapy with LGBTQ youth and their families for nearly 20 years. She created the Transgender Treatment Team in Syracuse University’s Couple and Family Therapy Center, where she trains and supervises masters students to work with transgender people and their families.
Dr. Coolhart has several publications on clinical work with LGBTQ youth. Her recent work has focused on transgender youth and their families. She has developed a tool for assessing youths’ and families’ readiness for gender transition treatments, published in the Journal of Marital and Family Therapy. She has also published multiple manuscripts on supporting transgender youth and families in therapy and advocating for trans-affirmative school environments. Recently, she co-authored a book, The Gender Quest Workbook: A Guide for Teens and Young Adults Exploring Gender Identity. Additionally, Dr. Coolhart has conducted research on transgender people and their family relationships and the experiences of LGBTQ homeless youth.
Financial: Deborah Coolhart is an assistant professor at Syracuse University. She receives a speaking honorarium from PESI, Inc.
Non-Financial: Deborah Coolhart is a member of the American Association of Marriage and Family Therapy; American Family Therapy Academy; and World Professional Association for Transgender Health.
Buy the LGBTQ Youth -Clinical Strategies to Support Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity – Deb Coolhart course at the best price at GBesy.. After your purchase, you will get access to the downloads page. You can download all the files associated in your order at here and we will also send a download notification email via your mail.
Unlock your full potential with LGBTQ Youth -Clinical Strategies to Support Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity – Deb Coolhart courses. our courses are designed to help you excel.
Why wait? Take the first step towards greatness by purchasing LGBTQ Youth -Clinical Strategies to Support Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity – Deb Coolhart courses today. We offer a seamless and secure purchasing experience, ensuring your peace of mind. With our trusted payment gateways, Stripe and PayPal, you can confidently complete your transaction knowing that your financial information is protected.
Stripe, known for its robust security measures, provides a safe and reliable payment process. With its encrypted technology, your sensitive data remains confidential throughout the transaction. Rest assured that your purchase is protected.
PayPal, a globally recognized payment platform, offers an additional layer of security. With its buyer protection program, you can feel confident in your purchase. PayPal ensures that your financial details are safeguarded, allowing you to focus on your learning journey.
Is it secure? to Use of?
- Your identity is completely confidential. We do not share your information with anyone. So it is absolutely safe to buy the LGBTQ Youth -Clinical Strategies to Support Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity – Deb Coolhart course.
- 100% Safe Checkout Privateness coverage
- Communication and encryption of sensitive knowledge
- All card numbers are encrypted using AES at relaxation-256 and transmitting card numbers runs in a separate internet hosting atmosphere, and doesn’t share or save any data.
How can this course be delivered?
- After your successful payment this “LGBTQ Youth -Clinical Strategies to Support Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity – Deb Coolhart course”, Most of the products will come to you immediately. But for some products were posted for offer. Please wait for our response, it might take a few hours due to the time zone difference.
- If this happens, please wait. The technical department will process the link shortly after. You will receive notifications directly by e-mail. We appreciate your wait.
What Shipping Methods Are Available?
- You will receive a download link in the invoice or YOUR ACCOUNT.
- The course link always exists. use your account to login and download the LGBTQ Youth -Clinical Strategies to Support Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity – Deb Coolhart course whenever you need.
- You only need to visit a single link, and you can get all the LGBTQ Youth -Clinical Strategies to Support Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity – Deb Coolhart course content at once.
- You can do your learning online. You can be downloaded for better results and can study anywhere on any device. Make sure your system does not sleep during the download.
How Do I Track Order?
- We always notice the status of your order immediately after your payment. After 7 days if there is no download link, the system will automatically complete your money.
- We love to hear from you. Please don’t hesitate to email us with any comments, questions and suggestions.