Buy Sensory Techniques for Trauma, Self-Harm, and Dysregulation – Brooke Wimer Course at GBesy. We actively participate in Groupbuys and are committed to sharing knowledge with a wider audience. Rest assured, the quality of our courses matches that of the original sale page. If you prefer, you can also buy directly from the sale page at the full price (the SALEPAGE link is directly provided in the post).
Sensory Techniques for Trauma, Self-Harm, and Dysregulation by Brooke Wimer,
Salepage link: At HERE. Archive:
- Brooke Wimer
- 6 Hours 28 Minutes
- Audio and Video
- Jun 07, 2017
Do you work with clients who become acutely dysregulated and engage in behaviors which present as a danger to self or others leading to a seclusion and/or restraint episode?
Join Brooke Wimer, MOT, OTR/L, who has over 10 years of clinical experience in the field of occupational therapy. She has developed novel programming regarding sensory processing/ modulation to decrease self-injurious behaviors and the utilization of seclusion and restraint.
Brooke will provide an interactive course with hands-on opportunities to:
- Provide trauma-informed, sensory supportive care in the hospital, classroom, clinic and home
- Develop sensory-based, therapeutic techniques for your most challenging clients
- Deliver research driven interventions for people with:
- Intellectual disabilities
- Sensory processing disorders
- Depression and bipolar disorders
- PTSD and anxiety disorders
- Dementia and Alzheimer’s
- Behavioral and personality disorders
- Substance abuse disorders
These interventions are breakthrough techniques to apply with those who have mental health needs and traumatic histories. This workshop will provide you with countless sensory techniques for use in crisis situations and ongoing symptom management. This trauma-informed approach offers client-centered tools for feeling safe; sensory modulation techniques allow clients to direct their care by exploring and selecting modalities that work for them.
|Manual ZNM063340 (39.32 MB)
|Available after Purchase
|ASHA Participant Form – SELF STUDY ONLY – 06/07/17 (1.54 MB)
|Available after Purchase
|Instructions for ASHA Credit – SELF STUDY ONLY – 06/07/17 (0.03 MB)
|Available after Purchase
Trauma’s Effect on the Brain and Nervous System
- Impact of sensory-input in relation to behavioral responses
- The sensory experience of triggers, flashbacks and psychosis
- Models and research that support sensory-based practice
- Frequency, duration and intensity of sensory input
Seclusion and Restraint – Current Practices
- Self-injurious behaviors
- Risk of injury or death
- Loss of control, fear and hopelessness
- Perpetuates cycle of violence
- Adolescent/Adult Sensory Profile
- Sensory Integration Inventory
- The Sensory Modulation Screening Tool
- The Sensory Diet Checklist
- The Sensory-Motor Preference Checklist
- Sensory Defensiveness Checklist
Clinical Outcomes using Sensory Strategies
- Manage agitation, dissociation, aggression and self-injury
- Improve level of arousal
- Increase activity tolerance and participation
- Increase self and environmental awareness
- Manage hyperactivity and improve concentration
- Manage anxiety and improve sleep
- Promote wellness and recovery
Sensory Strategies for Regulating!
- Sensory diets
- Sensory rooms and relaxation corners
- Sensory Modulation Program
- The Alert Program and Brain Gym
- Sensory Connection Program
- Weighted modalities
- Compression garments
- Sensory boxes and carts
- Tai Chi and meditation
- “Heavy Work”
- Environmental modifications: murals, open-spaces, seating options and aromatherapy
BROOKE WIMER, MOT, OTR/L, is an occupational therapist with over 11 years of clinical experience providing Animal-Assisted Interventions (AAI) with a variety of populations. She is the co-owner of Integrated Occupational Therapy Solutions, a private practice offering AAI and occupational therapy services. Brooke specializes in providing AAI for people with mental health needs focusing on cognitive retraining, social skill development and self-regulation. She has implemented five AAI programs for physical, cognitive and psychosocial needs, and developed effective strategies for both group and one-to-one interventions for clients of all ages. Brooke worked alongside AAI expert Melissa Winkle, OTR/L, FAOTA, and contributed to Professional Applications of Animal Assisted Interventions: Blue Dog Book Second Edition. A member of the American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA), she is co-developing an AOTA Animal Assisted Intervention Fact Sheet set to publish in 2018. Brooke presented on disability awareness and AAI application considerations at the 2015 Animal Assisted Intervention International Conference. She received her Master of Occupational Therapy at Cleveland State University, studying the effects of AAI on long-term care residents with depression and anxiety.
Financial: Brooke Wimer is the director of occupational therapy and animal assisted intervention manager at Colorado Mental Health Institute at Pueblo. She receives a speaking honorarium from PESI, Inc.
Nonfinancial: Brooke Wimer is a member of the American Occupational Therapy Association.
Buy the Sensory Techniques for Trauma, Self-Harm, and Dysregulation – Brooke Wimer course at the best price at GBesy.. After your purchase, you will get access to the downloads page. You can download all the files associated in your order at here and we will also send a download notification email via your mail.
Unlock your full potential with Sensory Techniques for Trauma, Self-Harm, and Dysregulation – Brooke Wimer courses. our courses are designed to help you excel.
Why wait? Take the first step towards greatness by purchasing Sensory Techniques for Trauma, Self-Harm, and Dysregulation – Brooke Wimer courses today. We offer a seamless and secure purchasing experience, ensuring your peace of mind. With our trusted payment gateways, Stripe and PayPal, you can confidently complete your transaction knowing that your financial information is protected.
Stripe, known for its robust security measures, provides a safe and reliable payment process. With its encrypted technology, your sensitive data remains confidential throughout the transaction. Rest assured that your purchase is protected.
PayPal, a globally recognized payment platform, offers an additional layer of security. With its buyer protection program, you can feel confident in your purchase. PayPal ensures that your financial details are safeguarded, allowing you to focus on your learning journey.
Is it secure? to Use of?
- Your identity is completely confidential. We do not share your information with anyone. So it is absolutely safe to buy the Sensory Techniques for Trauma, Self-Harm, and Dysregulation – Brooke Wimer course.
- 100% Safe Checkout Privateness coverage
- Communication and encryption of sensitive knowledge
- All card numbers are encrypted using AES at relaxation-256 and transmitting card numbers runs in a separate internet hosting atmosphere, and doesn’t share or save any data.
How can this course be delivered?
- After your successful payment this “Sensory Techniques for Trauma, Self-Harm, and Dysregulation – Brooke Wimer course”, Most of the products will come to you immediately. But for some products were posted for offer. Please wait for our response, it might take a few hours due to the time zone difference.
- If this happens, please wait. The technical department will process the link shortly after. You will receive notifications directly by e-mail. We appreciate your wait.
What Shipping Methods Are Available?
- You will receive a download link in the invoice or YOUR ACCOUNT.
- The course link always exists. use your account to login and download the Sensory Techniques for Trauma, Self-Harm, and Dysregulation – Brooke Wimer course whenever you need.
- You only need to visit a single link, and you can get all the Sensory Techniques for Trauma, Self-Harm, and Dysregulation – Brooke Wimer course content at once.
- You can do your learning online. You can be downloaded for better results and can study anywhere on any device. Make sure your system does not sleep during the download.
How Do I Track Order?
- We always notice the status of your order immediately after your payment. After 7 days if there is no download link, the system will automatically complete your money.
- We love to hear from you. Please don’t hesitate to email us with any comments, questions and suggestions.