Buy The Ultimate Hands-On Wound Care Clinical Lab – Joan Junkin Course at GBesy. We actively participate in Groupbuys and are committed to sharing knowledge with a wider audience. Rest assured, the quality of our courses matches that of the original sale page. If you prefer, you can also buy directly from the sale page at the full price (the SALEPAGE link is directly provided in the post).
The Ultimate Hands-On Wound Care Clinical Lab by Joan Junkin,
Salepage link: At HERE. Archive:
- Joan Junkin
- Full Day
- Audio and Video
- Dec 04, 2017
- Staging wounds & identifying tissue types
- Wound characteristics, indications & cost considerations for product selection
- Accurate measuring techniques
- Practical wound treatment strategies – for your most difficult wounds
- Actual wound models and sample products to practice new skills!
In healthcare facilities across the country, billions of dollars are being spent annually on skin care and wound management. You are on the front lines of providing care to patients with a variety of skin and wound conditions, and play a critical role in patient outcomes and your facility’s bottom line. There is no better way to learn new problem solving skills than through this Hands-On Clinical Lab. Attend this highly interactive seminar and learn wound care assessment skills by DOING!
Wound care educator and consultant, Joan Junkin, MSN, CNS, will teach you new strategies for wound assessment and interventions, using wound care teaching models and sample products. The Hands-On Clinical Lab will add a live, hands-on component to learning that will enhance your retention of skills and techniques covered. Practice identification, measurement and the applications of various products on realistic wound care models. These models provide a life-like simulation to allow for improved assessment and treatment of a wide variety of wound care presentations, including all stages of pressure ulcers, tissue types, undermining, tunneling, fissure and surgical dehiscence. Take your understanding of wound care to the next level with this hands-on, interactive clinical lab. Register today – space is limited!
|Manual ZNM077510 (7.77 MB)
|Available after Purchase
|Extra Handouts (0.04 MB)
|Available after Purchase
Wound Bed Tissue Types: Presentation & Treatment
- Epithelial Tissue
- Granulation Tissue
- Healthy Granulation
- Necrotic – When and how to debride
- Slough – Moist, devitalized tissue
- Eschar – Dry devitalized tissue
Wound Margin Issues and Strategies
- Epiboly – Rolled edges
- Hyperkeratotic – Dry, calloused edges
- Undermined – Trauma or drying of wound bed
- Peri-wound signs of possible infection
- Erythema (redness) and heat
- Induration (hardened tissue)
- Fluctuance (mushy tissue)
Characteristics of Common Wounds
- Phases of healing: Normal vs. chronic
- Etiology, location, characteristics
- Arterial insufficiency
- Venous insufficiency
- Pressure ulcers – Demystifying the stages
- Using the latest in wound care model technology, participate in skill-based exercises in:
- Wound staging
- Tissue type identification
- Proper measuring techniques
- Wound care product awareness and application
Strategies to Select Dressings for:
- Dry/Minimally draining wounds
- Oil emulsion dressing
- Moistened gelling fiber
- Moderate draining wounds
- Alginate or gelling fiber
- Glycerin based hydrogel
- Traditional foam
- Heavy/copious drainage
- Negative pressure wound therapy
- Moisture responsive dressings
- Super absorbent dressings
Strategies for Decreasing Bioburden
- Best cleansing
- Use of surfactants
- A new look at antiseptic cleansers
- Breaking biofilm
- Antiseptic dressings
- Iodine complex
- Hyperosmolar (sugar, salt, honey)
- Methylene blue, gentian violet
- Dressings that trap exudate trap germs also
- Dressings that attract bacteria ionically
Tissue Based Products
- Grown in vivo
Joan Junkin, MSN, APRN-CNS, CWOCN®, began her wound specialty as a research analyst for the pressure ulcer guideline treatment panel in 1992. During her 10 years as an acute care Wound Clinical Nurse Specialist, she conducted and published research and served as chair of the National Accreditation Committee for Wound, Ostomy and Continence educational programs. Joan has published articles in several peer reviewed journals and the past 10 years has presented 8 hour wound seminars to professionals in all 50 states and 4 provinces in Canada.
Ms. Junkin has been invited faculty at WOCN national and regional conferences and SAWC. She currently provides clinical consults for long-term care and hospice in Nebraska and teaches as a clinical associate for the University of Nebraska College of Nursing. Her extensive clinical and speaking career gives Joan a broad perspective from which to draw clinical wisdom and very practical approaches. She keeps her seminars fresh by adding in appropriate doses of humor. In a field such as wound care where scientific data changes best practice more quickly than guidelines can be published and where new products are introduced monthly, this well-grounded expert will help you focus on what will make a difference in skin health and wound care outcomes.
Financial: Joan Junkin is the Owner of The Healing Touch, Inc. She is on the speaker’s bureau for Sage Products Inc. Ms. Junkin receives a speaking honorarium from PESI, Inc.
Nonfinancial: Joan Junkin has no relevant nonfinancial relationship to disclose.
Buy the The Ultimate Hands-On Wound Care Clinical Lab – Joan Junkin course at the best price at GBesy.. After your purchase, you will get access to the downloads page. You can download all the files associated in your order at here and we will also send a download notification email via your mail.
Unlock your full potential with The Ultimate Hands-On Wound Care Clinical Lab – Joan Junkin courses. our courses are designed to help you excel.
Why wait? Take the first step towards greatness by purchasing The Ultimate Hands-On Wound Care Clinical Lab – Joan Junkin courses today. We offer a seamless and secure purchasing experience, ensuring your peace of mind. With our trusted payment gateways, Stripe and PayPal, you can confidently complete your transaction knowing that your financial information is protected.
Stripe, known for its robust security measures, provides a safe and reliable payment process. With its encrypted technology, your sensitive data remains confidential throughout the transaction. Rest assured that your purchase is protected.
PayPal, a globally recognized payment platform, offers an additional layer of security. With its buyer protection program, you can feel confident in your purchase. PayPal ensures that your financial details are safeguarded, allowing you to focus on your learning journey.
Is it secure? to Use of?
- Your identity is completely confidential. We do not share your information with anyone. So it is absolutely safe to buy the The Ultimate Hands-On Wound Care Clinical Lab – Joan Junkin course.
- 100% Safe Checkout Privateness coverage
- Communication and encryption of sensitive knowledge
- All card numbers are encrypted using AES at relaxation-256 and transmitting card numbers runs in a separate internet hosting atmosphere, and doesn’t share or save any data.
How can this course be delivered?
- After your successful payment this “The Ultimate Hands-On Wound Care Clinical Lab – Joan Junkin course”, Most of the products will come to you immediately. But for some products were posted for offer. Please wait for our response, it might take a few hours due to the time zone difference.
- If this happens, please wait. The technical department will process the link shortly after. You will receive notifications directly by e-mail. We appreciate your wait.
What Shipping Methods Are Available?
- You will receive a download link in the invoice or YOUR ACCOUNT.
- The course link always exists. use your account to login and download the The Ultimate Hands-On Wound Care Clinical Lab – Joan Junkin course whenever you need.
- You only need to visit a single link, and you can get all the The Ultimate Hands-On Wound Care Clinical Lab – Joan Junkin course content at once.
- You can do your learning online. You can be downloaded for better results and can study anywhere on any device. Make sure your system does not sleep during the download.
How Do I Track Order?
- We always notice the status of your order immediately after your payment. After 7 days if there is no download link, the system will automatically complete your money.
- We love to hear from you. Please don’t hesitate to email us with any comments, questions and suggestions.