Buy Legal & Ethical Issues in Behavioral Health in South Carolina – R. Alan Powell Course at GBesy. We actively participate in Groupbuys and are committed to sharing knowledge with a wider audience. Rest assured, the quality of our courses matches that of the original sale page. If you prefer, you can also buy directly from the sale page at the full price (the SALEPAGE link is directly provided in the post).
Legal & Ethical Issues in Behavioral Health in South Carolina by R. Alan Powell,
Salepage link: At HERE. Archive:
- R. Alan Powell
- 6 Hours 16 Minutes
- Audio and Video
- Aug 18, 2017
- Recognize and Avoid Legal, Ethical, Licensing and Liability Risks
- Privacy Laws, Disclosure, Mandatory Reporting and Duty to Warn
- Balancing the Rights of Minors and Parents
- Subpoenas, Testimony and Judicial Process
- Consent, Substitute Consent and Involuntary Treatment
Without the proper legal awareness needed to stay in compliance, you may face grave legal, financial and professional consequences. This seminar will show you how to continue to help the people you’ve been trained to help while still protecting yourself from many legal pitfalls.
If you watch only one seminar this year, make it this one. Join attorney R. Alan Powell for an entertaining and enlightening recording and leave with a greater understanding of the latest South Carolina law as it relates to behavioral health. You will take home practical guidelines and strategies to minimize and manage legal and ethical risks and you will learn how to immediately implement these risk reducing strategies into your practice.
|Manual ZNM061110 (1.22 MB)
|Available after Purchase
HIPAA Privacy & Security
- Overview of HIPAA Privacy Rules
- HITECH Security Breach notification requirements
Confidentiality of Mental Health and Alcohol and Drug Program Records
- When other federal and state privacy laws are more restrictive than HIPAA
- Disclosures which require patient consent and those which do not
- Abuse, neglect or exploitation reporting and other mandatory disclosures
Responding to Subpoenas, Court Orders & Law Enforcement
- Types of subpoenas; Duty to Respond
- Types of court orders; Duty to Respond
- Testimony in Court and Depositions
- Law enforcement investigation and prosecution
Balancing the Rights of Minors, Parents and the Provider
- Minors: Age of majority; access to records; consent to treatment; alcohol and drug treatment
- Parents/Guardians: Custody and divorce; access to records; allegations of abuse and neglect
- Role of the Provider: Who is the Client? What Duty do you Owe?
Behavioral Health Professionals in the Legal System
- Clients with legal problems; avoid the client’s problem from becoming your problem
- Responding to legal proceedings in a professional manner
Decisions in Behavioral Health; Emergency Admission, Civil Commitment and Involuntary Treatment
- Consent, Capacity, Adult Health Care Consent Act, Substitute Decision Maker, POA and Guardianship
- Emergency admission and civil commitment laws and procedures
Professional Ethics and Boundary Issues
- Professional obligations and standards
- Labor, Licensing & Regulation (professional licensing boards) reporting and enforcement
Legal Liabilities of the Professional
- Malpractice issues
- Duty to Warn and Duty to Protect
- Billing issues: Fraud & abuse
Attorney at Law
SCDMH Assistant General Counsel
R. Alan Powell, JD received his Juris Doctorate from the University of South Carolina School of Law, and his undergraduate degree also from the University of South Carolina. Mr. Powell is General Counsel for the South Carolina Department of Mental Health (SCDMH). Mr. Powell supervises the Office of General Counsel, including its several attorneys, law clerks, SCDMH Risk Manager, and related administrative personnel. Mr. Powell otherwise advises and represents SCDMH, its officials and employees, facilities, and programs statewide.
Mr. Powell has presented numerous seminars for SCDMH staff and other public agencies, as well as the S.C. Association of Counties, S.C. Hospital Association, S.C. Bar Association, S.C. Probate Judges Association, S.C. Criminal Justice Academy, S.C. Sheriffs Association, and local hospitals. Mr. Powell has provided training through SCETV broadcasts and the SCDMH/USC “Emergency Department Crisis Stabilization Training” DVD Series.
Mr. Powell also serves as Assistant Professor, Department of Neuropsychiatry and Behavioral Science, University of South Carolina School of Medicine. In this capacity, Mr. Powell provides instruction to residents, students and fellows on medical-legal topics in forensic, emergency, child and adolescent, and general psychiatry and behavioral health.
Buy the Legal & Ethical Issues in Behavioral Health in South Carolina – R. Alan Powell course at the best price at GBesy.. After your purchase, you will get access to the downloads page. You can download all the files associated in your order at here and we will also send a download notification email via your mail.
Unlock your full potential with Legal & Ethical Issues in Behavioral Health in South Carolina – R. Alan Powell courses. our courses are designed to help you excel.
Why wait? Take the first step towards greatness by purchasing Legal & Ethical Issues in Behavioral Health in South Carolina – R. Alan Powell courses today. We offer a seamless and secure purchasing experience, ensuring your peace of mind. With our trusted payment gateways, Stripe and PayPal, you can confidently complete your transaction knowing that your financial information is protected.
Stripe, known for its robust security measures, provides a safe and reliable payment process. With its encrypted technology, your sensitive data remains confidential throughout the transaction. Rest assured that your purchase is protected.
PayPal, a globally recognized payment platform, offers an additional layer of security. With its buyer protection program, you can feel confident in your purchase. PayPal ensures that your financial details are safeguarded, allowing you to focus on your learning journey.
Is it secure? to Use of?
- Your identity is completely confidential. We do not share your information with anyone. So it is absolutely safe to buy the Legal & Ethical Issues in Behavioral Health in South Carolina – R. Alan Powell course.
- 100% Safe Checkout Privateness coverage
- Communication and encryption of sensitive knowledge
- All card numbers are encrypted using AES at relaxation-256 and transmitting card numbers runs in a separate internet hosting atmosphere, and doesn’t share or save any data.
How can this course be delivered?
- After your successful payment this “Legal & Ethical Issues in Behavioral Health in South Carolina – R. Alan Powell course”, Most of the products will come to you immediately. But for some products were posted for offer. Please wait for our response, it might take a few hours due to the time zone difference.
- If this happens, please wait. The technical department will process the link shortly after. You will receive notifications directly by e-mail. We appreciate your wait.
What Shipping Methods Are Available?
- You will receive a download link in the invoice or YOUR ACCOUNT.
- The course link always exists. use your account to login and download the Legal & Ethical Issues in Behavioral Health in South Carolina – R. Alan Powell course whenever you need.
- You only need to visit a single link, and you can get all the Legal & Ethical Issues in Behavioral Health in South Carolina – R. Alan Powell course content at once.
- You can do your learning online. You can be downloaded for better results and can study anywhere on any device. Make sure your system does not sleep during the download.
How Do I Track Order?
- We always notice the status of your order immediately after your payment. After 7 days if there is no download link, the system will automatically complete your money.
- We love to hear from you. Please don’t hesitate to email us with any comments, questions and suggestions.